Thursday, April 20, 2006

I'm a little money hungry.

I used to be very good about checking my bank accounts online every day. However, that was when I was new to the whole "paying bills" thing. Now, I know I don't have any money, and a visual reminder of that is really depressing. Today however, I was in a financially responsible mood, so I decided to see what my bills will be like next month. Since I'll be out of work, at least temporarily, this is kind of important.

So I check my insurance and student loan, and everything appears to be in order. Then I go look at my cell phone bill. I look at the bar graph that shows me how many minutes I've used this month. Shit, the whole thing was red! I have not gone over my minutes in three years. I have a ton of minutes and free nights and weekends. How the hell did this happen? I don't even like talking on the phone.

I've barely gotten the hang of being a jobless broke student and now I need to scrounge up at least two hundred and fifteen dollars by the 23rd of next month. I hate being poor. When I was younger and adults asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I replied, "independently wealthy." Honestly all I've ever wanted is to be free from worry about money. I guess I don't really need to be rich, I just need enough. I would do nice things for people and stuff. I'd be like Angelina Jolie only without the weird ex-boyfriends and giant lips.

I am so not checking any of my bills or bank accounts any time soon. You think if I close my eyes, it will all go away?

No comments: