Saturday, September 20, 2008

The caring meter dropped two whole points!

I know that it's totally uncool to care about people, and not to be looking out for NUMBER ONE!!!!!!1! I'm sure I would be way more awesome if I could just make snide remarks about people who care. I wish I could chant "Drill, baby, drill," without any worries floating in my head. But I can't do that anymore than I can restrain myself from fleeing to Canada if there is even a somewhat likely shot that Sarah Palin will be my president. Now, Barack may not be our great white hope or our silver bullet or our force of change. He's not Yoda, for shit's sake. It seems like everyone on tv thinks that I, and other Democrats, believe that Barack Obama is perfect and infallible. I don't believe that he poos flowers, or that his morning breath smells like sunshine. But I do believe that he brings people together, because he does. People are excited about this election because it is really amazing when people connect with each other. We realize that maybe we actually do care about each other and want to make the world a more beautiful place to live. I'm voting for Barack Obama because people can be forces of change, and people can make this country better, not because I'm putting all my faith in one guy. And I should reiterate that I'm also voting for Barack Obama because Sarah Palin scares the crap out of me. Word.

No comments: